If you would like to enroll in independent studies/thesis research/lab rotation course credit, you must follow these important instructions:
- Download Independent Study form
- Go over the form carefully with your faculty advisor, and complete all sections of the form except for the call number, course number, and section number (the graduate advising office will provide these for you).
- Have your faculty advisor sign the form. The graduate advising office will not provide you with the call number without approval from your faculty advisor. If your advisor is not available, the graduate advising office will accept e-mail approval in lieu of a signature.
- Return completed form to your graduate advisor in Engineering 2, Room 298. The graduate advising office will email a call number to you at your SOE e-mail address within a few days.
- Go to your Student Center at http://my.ucsc.edu/ and go to "Enroll".
- Enter the call number that was e-mailed to you. Do not use any other number.
- Click "enroll".
- Once you have successfully enrolled in your course, click "My Class Schedule" in the tab above and check carefully that you have enrolled in the correct course with the correct faculty member.
- If the information for your course is incorrect, please check that you have correctly typed in the call number that was e-mailed to you. If so, then please email the graduate advising office for assistance. If all the information is correct, then you are enrolled. Congratulations!